We are the first fish and chip shop in the UK to gain MSC chain of custody for scottish haddock.
Watchout for the MSC ecolabel on your fresh cooked supper.
Daily special board has got what is in season and sustainable.
We try and reduce all our food miles at the bay so it is environmentally friendly and it keeps produce local.
This means we can try and keep track of food from sea to plate or field to plate. This also helps keep money in the local area, which is a win, win situation
- We use mainly 2 varieties of tatties for making chips at The Bay, Maris Pipers and Markies both make great chips and with the use of both it covers all year round for consistency.
- We use a thicker cut of chip to help reduce the amount of fat absorbed in to them.
- We have a menu in braille, just ask the staff for it.
- We have some menus printed in other languages to aid tourists
- We can griddle or bake your fish for a healthier option, good for coeliac diet also